- November 3, 2023 Construction Kickoff Event
- November 7, 2023 Contract with HoarConstruction signed.
- December 19, 2023 Construction will begin.
- February 2025 Construction Complete
- May 2025 All inspections complete and facility ready for use.
New Calhoun Liberty Hospital Facility
Calhoun Liberty Hospital is building a brand-new facility which will provide expanded healthcare options and new jobs for Calhoun and Liberty County along with portions of Gulf and Jackson County. This multi-million-dollar capital investment is one of the largest economic development job retention and creation projects to be built in region’s history. The current facility located on NE Burns Avenue was significantly damaged in Hurricane Michael and is unable to be rebuilt to current codes and standards, requiring the new facility. The new facility will be located at 16257 State Road 71 in Blountstown, south of Highway 20. The construction of the new hospital is being funded with significant federal and state funding support including over $11 million from FEMA, $18.7 million from U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), $1 million from Florida Department of Health, and an additional $4 million through two separate appropriations from the state legislature.
The hospital campus will include a one-story, approximately 50,000 square foot facility. The first phase of construction will accommodate the community’s current healthcare needs and will include:
- A state-of-the-art emergency room
- Eight (8) private inpatient rooms
- Three (3) flexible clinical decision rooms
- Rehabilitative services including physical and occupational therapy, infusion therapy, and cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation.
- Ten (10) private beds for patients who require around-the-clock nursing care, including four beds with advanced bedside monitoring for patients requiring a higher level of care.
We are excited to announce that Land Clearing and Site Preparations have begun on the new site.
Calhoun Liberty Hospital is extremely grateful for the support and funding received from all its government partners including:
- Florida Legislature
- Florida Division of Emergency Management
- Florida Department of Commerce
- Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration
- Florida Department of Health
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- U.S Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Apalachee Regional Planning Council
Without their support, this important project would not be possible.
Opportunities to Bid
Public Notice: PW-01287 PN 83619 (DR-4399)