Public Notice: PW-01287 PN 83619 (DR-4399)
New Calhoun-Liberty Hospital Facility
The hospital campus will include a two-story, approximately 63,000 square foot facility and an additional 10,000 square foot adjacent service building with a larger parking area and more accessible helipad. The hospital will feature:
- Twenty-five private beds for patients who require around-the-clock nursing care, including four beds with advanced bedside monitoring for patients requiring a higher level of care.
- An updated Emergency Department, expanding the hospitals capability to manage more complex patients in a timely manner.
- Imaging services often seen only in larger metropolitan hospitals that including Computerized Tomography (CT), Mammography, Ultrasound and Dexa Scan.
- Rehabilitative services for both cardiac and pulmonary recovery along with expanded physical therapy services.
- Respiratory therapy services with capability for both diagnostic and treatment options.
- Infusion services for a variety of medical needs.
Currently, the hospital has cleared federal environmental reviews that were required as a condition of the funding received to support the hospital and hopes to begin construction before the end of the year. The hospital is extremely grateful for the support and funding received from all its government partners including the:
- Florida Legislature,
- Florida Division of Emergency Management,
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity,
- Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration,
- Florida Department of Health,
- Federal Emergency Management Agency,
- U.S Department of Housing and Urban Development, and
- Apalachee Regional Planning Council.
Without their support, this important project would not be possible.